Monday, February 5, 2007

School Starts in March!


Now is the time to gather school supplies to send for school kids in Afghanistan. Perhaps your child's school could do it as a class project? Or perhaps your church group? Your friends, neighbors, and coworkers?
And whom are you helping? Kids like the 6th grade Afghan girl who wrote this letter to Madill (OK) Middle School students:
"I am pleased on the arrival of the Coalition Forces in Afghanistan. Because five years ago I and my sisters all sisters of our country couldn’t go to school. The Taliban were controlling all of Afghanistan. They didn’t wanted the girls to go to school and study. And now that we can go to school we are proud for all our sisters. After the collapse of the Taliban we were studying in ruined school buildings and now we are thankful to the Coalition Forces for building us a new school to study. And now all student can study in this new building we become very happy when some help and serve us."
Send the supplies to:
Michael Larkin or Mark Roper
41 BCT HHC 1-180 SECFOR
Camp Phoenix, AF
APO, AE 09320

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Please do! And I'll do the same.
Thanks!

MrsDub said...

I work with your husband, and my husband (SgtDub) is at Camp Phoenix with Larkin. I have created a link to your site from mine (MrsDub), and will encourage SgtDub to do the same. You've got a great site and you're doing awesome work. I'm sure the Afghan people really appreciate your efforts.